Author, Health Researcher and Social Enterprise Activist.
Steven is a passionate life educator and coach having worked with clients in Africa, Indonesia, PNG, Philippines, China, New Zealand, and Australia. Steven calls himself a ‘serial’ entrepreneur, a social enterprise advocate (and a bit of a ‘Jack of all trades’).
In the distant past, Steven was a gazetted administration and financial adviser to local government councils in Papua New Guinea, and a small business adviser in South Africa and Australia.
His corporate background covers a wide range of industries and professional fields.
• Senior Project Officer: Commonwealth Youth Support Scheme. (Maroochydore)
• Company Secretary: Chanco Investments (3 Cattle stations in Far Western Qld.)
• Queensland State Manager for Blackmores practitioner business. Also Blackmore's senior naturopathic consultant and educator - Australia, NZ and SE Asia for 8 years.
• An international lecturer on health and well being - Australia, NZ, and SE Asia.
• Researcher: New product development board, Eagle Pharmaceuticals (Sydney).
• Owned and operated several medical & natural health clinics in S.E.Queensland.
• Managing Director of Avocados Enterprises Ltd. [Australian avocado oil production]
• Company Director: Aussie Marketing Pty Ltd (import/export company).
• Executive manager: Cansurvive - a registered charity: Cancer support Facility.
• Executive manager: IAFF: Italian Australian Film Festival (Sunshine Coast).
• Founder of “Malaria Kills”: A social enterprise to fund education, medicine and mosquito nets for children in Papua New Guinea.
• Founder of “Siassi Trust”: Papua New Guinea - social enterprise consultant.
• A foundation member of XL Nation: A community of socially responsible entrepreneurs, worldwide.
• Author of several small booklets on health, and multiple journal health papers. His 1988 book ‘Australian Passport To Health’ became an international bestseller with sales in excess of 28,000 copies sold worldwide.
• Nutritional Health Clinic. Eastern Highlands Province PNG 1999 (2 weeks).
• Canberra based ABV: Australian Business Volunteers. A returned volunteer and interviewer.
• Sunshine Coast University, a past guest lecturer at Social Enterprise and CSR.
• SSC University’s School of Nursing. Volunteer actor-patient.
• Business Advisory Board, Sunshine Coast University – Enactus program. Ex Member
Since retiring from business in 2009 Steven has kept an active profile:-
• Volunteer Researcher and Founder at DokSama Health - Sleep Deprivation Research Project
• A published poet in several volumes: International Poets’ Society.
• Writer / Author: Science of Numbers (soon to be published).
Oh, and he is also an Ageing Rock Star playing bass in a local band called “Still Standing”.
In 1992 Indonesia: International Conference on Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine. In recognition of his outstanding service in the field of holistic health.
In 2014 Steven was awarded the AFP (Australian Federal Police) Overseas Service Medal for his long-time humanitarian work in Papua New Guinea.